Online Legendary Defenders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A little OLD History

3 posters

Go down

A little OLD History Empty A little OLD History

Post  OLD_Lion Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:56 am

What now seems like a long time ago I began playing AOK offline. Finally after deciding that I was the best player on the planet because the computer couldnt beat me I joined THE ZONE and began playing there. I took the name that the ZONE gave me Gallant_Lion when I registered. I quickly found out I was a noob and far from the best player on the planet. Shocked At that time I played all maps but seemed to enjoy playing the BF map more than others. A few weeks into play I was randomly allied with a guy called Braveheart49. I saved him in the game and he in turn dominated the game in imp with Franks pals. We played the next game together and then another and another... adding each other to our friends lists. He and I had some common interests. We loved the BF map, we were older players, and he had lived in Alabama where I do live. We became good friends and each night we both looked for each other to play more games always teaming always learning. But even more than that we talked about everything...we became the best of friends.

He had another friend KING_David and we soon had a trio playing everynight for hours on end. That followed with a 4th, Admiral_Matrix who we met when we faced him as a trio. We gained his friendship and soon all four of us were good friends. I was from Alabama, Mike (Braveheart) from Hawaii, Dave (King David) from Florida, and Steve (Matrix) from the Netherlands. From that a clan was born, a clan of older players and friends. Hence the tag OLD (Online Legendary Defenders) was created and was the very first BF clan. Almost as soon we gained the OLD tags others wanted to join and so we acquired more friends worldwide. OLD grew reaching a peek of around 40 players from all over the world. Our rates ranged from 1500 to 2000. We never really worried about rates. We were friends first. We had our web page, forum, and rules.

Finally as with all things some of the people moved on in their lives or into different games or got different jobs with families and then..... the Zone shut down. When the Zone closed there were still a dozen of us playing but we started losing touch. The web page and forum died, email and phone numbers were lost and finally here we are. After two years of not playing due to traveling the USA with my company I have returned and reinstated the OLD clan tag.

As far as I know there are but two us left from the old days. Myself and OLD_East. If any of you others are out there hit me up and feel free to join back. Anyone else that has common interests and likes to play BF, LN, LN Nothing, and some other maps then also hit me up. I would love to meet you.

OLD_Lion, OLD_lion_1st, Gallant_Lion, OLD_Panthera,

Howard
OLD_Lion
OLD_Lion
Admin

https://olds.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

A little OLD History Empty Missing AOC

Post  OLD_East Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Well, I am known as OLD_EAST. Starting playing AOC in 2001 in the Rooks Clan Leto (So I was Leto_East there). One of my earliest friends there was Leto_Sam. One year later we met each other in London. Once upon OLD_Lion took me over the OLD_Clan and I did became a member of the Old_Clan.
In the real Life I'm working as a German Journalist and I have to say, that being a member in the OLD-Clan helps me in the reality too. So it happen in the Georgia crises (state in south Caucasus). Of the border-police try to kept my film-material, US-Army did helping me. I did askin some soldiers of the US-Army, if they did playing AOC some years before. Some of they did and we had a great discussion. They did known the OLD-Clan and I said I'm OLD_East. They helped me and did bringing my Material trough the border. It was amazing.

Same happen in 2010, when I was a Reporter in Afghanistan. US-Guys of the 187th Mountain Division kept saving me and surrounded me very well during I did make my Report. Some of them was formal AOC-Player - and of course, they did known the Old-Clan. Wow...

OLD_East

Back to top Go down

A little OLD History Empty Re: A little OLD History

Post  OLD_Bun Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:47 am

OLD_Bun_Bo_Hue is back... so is Boss... he is now a Golem... but still a old timer friend

OLD_Bun

Back to top Go down

Post  OLD_Lion Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:30 pm

OLD_Bun wrote:OLD_Bun_Bo_Hue is back... so is Boss... he is now a Golem... but still a old timer friend

This is very awesome news. I am so glad to hear from you Bun. I have often thought about you in the last few years. I cant wait to catch you online!!
OLD_Lion
OLD_Lion
Admin

Back to top Go down

A little OLD History Empty Hey Guys!

Post  OLD_Hawk Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Hey, OLD_Hawk here, I don't know if any of you remember me, but I sure remember you guys. I actually tried looking the OLD Clan up a few years back before the ZONE died, but was unsuccessful. And now I have found you guys! I havn't played AOC in a very long time, so I'm sure im terrible, but I definitely would love to install and get some games in some time! I think I have my CDs somewhere around here.

I' m glad to see you guys are alive and well!

OLD_Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  OLD_Lion Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:46 am

OLD_Hawk wrote:Hey, OLD_Hawk here, I don't know if any of you remember me, but I sure remember you guys. I actually tried looking the OLD Clan up a few years back before the ZONE died, but was unsuccessful. And now I have found you guys! I havn't played AOC in a very long time, so I'm sure im terrible, but I definitely would love to install and get some games in some time! I think I have my CDs somewhere around here.

I' m glad to see you guys are alive and well!

Hey buddy. Of course I remember you. So glad to hear from you. I have not been online for a bit cause I am involved with something else. Bun is online regular and so is East. Let me know when you might be online and I might just have to come and play.
OLD_Lion
OLD_Lion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  OLD_Hawk Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:18 pm

Hey Guys, I thought I'd let you guys know about this:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/221380/ !!

OLD_Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum